I have lived in North Pickering with my wife Susan for the
last 35 years. I graduated from University of Guelph
with a diploma in Agriculture. Our son Chris, and his wife
Cathy live in Columbus, Ohio. Chris is an office manager, and
Cathy is a high school councillor.
It has been my pleasure to serve the Residents of Pickering
for the past 22 years and also to serve on Durham Regional
Council for the past 19 years.
I always look forward to meeting and talking with people in
my community. I am informed about the day to day issues that
affect us here in Durham Region, and I am always working to
make our communities safer.
During my tenure on council I served as:
- Deputy Mayor, City of Pickering
- Public Works Region of Durham, Chairman
- Central Lake Ontario Conservation Authority, Chairman
- Director of Veridian Energy Corporation
- Durham Non Profit Housing, Director
- Development Charges Committee, Region of Durham, Chairman
- GTA Regional Public Works Chairs Committee
- Durham Region Master Transportation Plan Chairman
Rick helping with a Tree Planting Ceremony
in Claremont Park
Rick Johnson. All Rights Reserved.